Play the whole episode by clicking the play button below or finding on your podcast platform:
In this episode, Margaret talks with a member of the NGSS writing team, Kenneth Huff. Kenneth clears up two common myths about NGSS and shares with us a useful lesson planning strategy called Gather, Reason, and Communicate.
Join our Facebook Group and comment to be entered in our monthly giveaway.
And remember, you’re phenomenal!
- 03:00 - 09:00 How traditional scientific inquiry is different than NGSS 3D teaching
- 09:00 - 11:00 Transitioning inquiry-based lessons to NGSS lessons
- 11:40 - 17:15 Reconsidering whether the NGSS standards "limit" what's taught
- 18:10 - 21:55 Memorizing science vocabulary vs engaging scientific phenomena
- 22:00 - 26:45 Gather, Reason, and Communicate (GRC)
- 27:00 - 33:45 Key attributes of a GRC lesson
- 34:00 - 36:00 Going 3D with...